Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Goodbye Eagle Mountain...Hello Albuquerque


































On Saturday, we woke up early and made the 13 hour trip to our new home. Danny's dad and his girlfriend Carol helped us load the 26 foot U-Haul truck the night before. We had the U-Haul truck stuffed to the brim. Danny's car which was on a trailer behind the U-Haul was also packed, as was my Suburban. In fact, I couldn't even see out my back window. It's amazing all the things you accumlate over the years. Danny and his Dad drove the U-Haul, which left me to drive the Suburban with Brandon, Hayden, Ace, and Colton. Much to my surprise, the boys were great. Brandon kept me awake and laughing the whole way there, Hayden made sure that the baby was always happy, and Ace...well lets just say he was Ace!!! We finally got to our new house at 10:30 and we were so tired that we chose not to unload the truck and just take our blankets and campout in the living room. The next morning we took Danny's dad to the airport and unloaded the truck. After we unloaded the truck, we were all in great need of a shower. Funny thing was we had no hot water. I had called to turn the utilites on the week before, but the lady on the phone neglected to tell me that someone had to be there to turn the gas on. So cold showers it was. We actually didn't get hot water till Wednesday, you forget how much you take that for granted. We have totally unpacked and decorated our lower level, and are still working on the upper level. Here are the pictures of the lower level, I will post the pictures of upstairs when I get the rooms ready. Our house is huge and has a lot of upgrades. I love it, and there is a lot of room for visitors...hint hint. It's strange living in a new state. I am excited for the new experience, but I feel so alone. It really hasn't hit me that we are really living here, it still feels like a a vacation. I know that this will be a great experience for us, we just have to get settled.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Your house looks nice!! I bet the boys are LOVING the backyard!! It's good you have room for visitors, Berkley and I plan to visit in October!! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks for the wedding! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks so nice! You have been busy!
    Good job! Ican't wait to come and see all of
    you and get a big tour of Albuqurque!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fun a time. I love your house keep us posted

    ReplyDelete