Saturday, August 29, 2009

all GROWN up











Last Monday was Hayden's first day of kindergarten. In Albuquerque, kindergarten is a full day and the kids have to wear uniforms. They are allowed to wear navy blue, black, or khaki bottoms with either a white, blue, or maroon top. Hayden looks like a little business man when I get him dressed for school each morning. He has twenty kids in his class and two teachers. He really likes school, but the full day schedule is hard for him. He really misses me, his brothers, and his puppy. For those of you who don't know, Hayden and I have a very close relationship. This past week has been full of tears, and I'm not just talking about Hayden. I did find something that made Hayden (and me) more comfortable during the day. I was at the mall and saw some guy making woven string bracelets for cash. I asked him to make me two identical ones in Hayden's favorite colors. When I got home, I gave one to Hayden and I took one for myself. I told him we would wear them every time we were apart, and when we missed each other we would just look down at the bracelet and know that everything would be okay. For those of you who are laughing at this post, just wait till you take your baby to kindergarten!!! Hayden has already learned a lot and his teachers have told me a few times that they wish they had twenty "Haydens." I know that once we get used to the separation (ha ha) that this will be a great year for Hayden.

3 comments:

  1. Thats a cute idea about the bracelets! I know he will do well and have fun once he gets used to it! Looks like you guys are enjoying the new town and having fun! I am excited to come visit and see the hot air balloons, they are so cool! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! Love, Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all three posts! This blog thing is the best. All three boys look great! I can't wait to come and visit! Hayden looks so dang cute all ready for school. Love you all so much!

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I can't imagine when Cale goes to school- I know I'll be a wreck! So good to see you at Courtney's wedding! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete