Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Post...FINALLY!!!

Hayden and Colton taking a nap!
Hayden at Aunt Courts wedding!

Hayden and Ace with their blow up aliens
that we bought in Roswell.
This is one of my fav pics of Colton.



Ace!

Colton helping Mama with laundry!


It looks like he is really focusing on sleeping!!!


Me and Colton!



The boys at the Roswell Harly Davidson Shop.


Hayden and Ace with an alien.


Ace is trying really hard to be a good big brother!


Colton is his jeep walker.

Cruisin' around the kitchen.

Still napping!



It has been a month since I updated our blog, I am such a slacker. So to make up for the slacking, this will be a very, very long post. Can you believe we have been in New Mexico for two whole months? So far we are enjoying our new home and city, but there have been hard days when we have missed Utah and the people there like crazy. Right now in Albuquerque the lows are about 40 and the highs about 75. The International Balloon Festival starts tomorrow, there are 550 hot air balloons registered from 17 different countries. We are so excited to join in the festivities!!!! I looked out my bedroom window this morning to see more than forty balloons in flight. The festival runs for ten days, so expect a post about that soon. Danny's dad was our first offical visitor, he came to spend the weekend with us about two weeks ago. It was so nice to see a familiar face. We spent Friday visiting the two Harley Davidson shops that are here in Albuquerque, and on Saturday we went to Roswell. Now for those of you who don't know, in 1947 an unidentified flying object crashed and was spotted by a famer in Roswell, New Mexico. The government immediatley responded by taking the UFO to area 51 in Nevada. There is a museum in Roswell and a bunch of gift shops commencerating the crash. I for one am a little skeptical of the whole alien thing, but it was still a very a interesting trip. It will definately make you think twice as to wether or not we are the only ones out there. Meanwhile, our days are very busy. Me and all the boys all leave the house at 7:00 am to take Brandon to school. The high school Brandon was supposed to go to has a really bad reputation for weapon and gang problems, so I enrolled him in one of the city's best high schools but it is 20 minutes away. I really really value education, so I am ok with the inconvenience. We drop Brandon off and get back home around 7:45. Between 7:45 and 8:45 I get the boys breakfast, dress all three of them, and take a shower, get dressed, and put on make-up. You may ask why I have to get Ace, Colton, and I ready when we are just dropping Hayden off at school? Well, I was informed by my sweet five year old that none of the other moms go to school in their pj's and since it's school policy to walk the kindergarteners to their classroom, Hayden insists that we all look presentable. After we drop Hayden off, me and the other two boys come home and play until we leave to get Brandon at 2:00 and Hayden at 3:30. So as you can see, we have a very tight schedule. All four of the boys have had their own accomplishments this month. Brandon is a sophomore and is taking Auto Shop, Woodworking, and JROTC. He has been a tremendous help since we moved down here, I don't know what I would do without him. Hayden is doing remarkable in kindergarten. I was so worried that he wouldn't do well because of his speech problem, but he has done just the opposite. He is learning so much and actually looks forward to school, his teachers are so amazing. On the social side of things, he has his first girlfriend! I was tucking him the other night, and he said "Mom, I have something to tell you. I have a girlfriend, I sit next to her in class and her name is Caitlin. She has yellow hair and glasses. " He also told me that he thinks that Cailtin's mom must have a faster car than me, because she is there before him everyday waiting for him at the doorway of the classroom. Cailtin is a very cute girl and they are very good friends, it's so cute to see how excited they get when they see each other. Ace is finally interested in potty training, that has been our main focus over the past couple weeks. It has been so nice to have this time with him while Hayden is at school. Sometimes I think the middle child gets deprived of that alone time with mom that both the oldest and youngest child get, so I try to make the most of the time I have with Ace when Colton is sleeping. We play outside, read books, and make cookies. Colton is also doing great, I can't believe that six months ago I was holding him in NICU crying and worrying that he would not be a healthy normal baby. He is rolling all over the place, laughing at all of us, and walking around the kitchen in his walker. I have realized over the past two months, just how important family is. The six of us have grown so much closer since we have been down here. My mom comes to visit on Wednesday, and I can't wait. I have never been so excited to see my mom in all my life! I promise that I will be better on updating my blog, and my invitation to all of you to come visit us is still open!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm crazy about long posts and the pictures are adorable! I'm very excited about coming on Wed. I can't wait to see you all and to get a big tour of Albuqurque! I'm so happy that the all of the boys are doing so well! Love you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are all doing well! I would love to see some pictures of the festival! I hope to come visit soon as well! Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Colton is getting, wow! I'm happy things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going so well. have a fun visit with your mom. I love when moms come to visit. enjoy the balloon festival

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds what cute pictures. I just love reading about how you and your family are doing!

    ReplyDelete