Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mom

My mom came to visit us last week and we had a great time!!! I don't think I have ever been so in need of a motherly visit. Being away from Utah has been harder than I thought. Living in Eagle Mountain made it hard for us be at every family get together and also made it difficult to see my sisters as much as I would have liked, so I figured moving to Albuquerque wouldn't be too hard. But I was wrong! It is so weird to not know anyone. I feel silly saying it, but I have been pretty depressed lately and having my mom around for a few days was just what I needed. We did a lot of fun things and just having her around made me feel better.


Grandma with Ace and Colton at Old Town


Ace, Colton and I went to the airport to pick her up Wednesday morning, then we came back home to show her our new house. After a quick tour and introducing her to Trigger, we ran a few errands before it was time to get Hayden from school. He gets out early on Wednesday and before I took him to school he made sure I set his watch to the right time so he could know exactly when Grandma would be there to pick him up. After we picked Hayden up, which was fun because my mom was able to see for herself just how great he is doing in school, we went to lunch and to pick Brandon up. We also stopped at Walmart before heading back home for the day. Wednesday night we cooked dinner and my mom helped the boys with their nightly rountine. Thursday morning my mom was a parent helper at Hayden's school, and after that we went shopping in Old Town and had lunch at the Owl Cafe with Danny. Thursday night we went to a local pizza place I have been wanting to try, then we came back home so we could go to bed early since we were going to the Balloon Fiesta early the next morning.


Me and Ace


Grandma and Hayden


Colton all bundled up, isn't he cute?

The Balloon Fiesta was AMAZING, it was so much cooler than I imagined. You should all put the New Mexico Balloon Fiesta on your Bucket List. We woke up at 5:30 and made it to the park in time for the mass assension. Every morning during the fiesta, they launch all the balloons at 7:oo. And on the last friday and saturday of the fiesta, the special shapes balloons join in. Aside from the balloons, they have tents with every kind of food and drink imaginable. They also have tents that sell all kinds of souvenirs. I heard on the news that for each days events there are over 100,000 people in attendance. The whole thing is unbelievable.



Special Shapes Pig Balloon


Special Shapes Fish Balloon




Special Shapes Bumble Bee Balloons


Brandon, Hayden. Ace, and Me




Balloon Fiesta Park




Mass Assension



After the Balloon Fiesta we did a little bit more shopping, and then just hung out till it was time for Mom to leave. I love seeing the boys interact with my parents, it's just so cute. We had so much fun with Mom. The whole trip made me remember that even though I am grown up with a family of my own, I still need my mom around. Thanks for everything Mom, we love you!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! Its crazy to see all of those balloons! I wonder how they all go up at the same time and don't run into each other! Looks like a fun place to live, cant wait to come visit! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! I love you all and had such a great time. It is nice to see your house and where you go and to be able to picture where you are when we talk! Love you so much!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were some really great pictures. I bet you just loved seeing your Mom. You guys are all so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the balloon festival! So cool. I totally know what you mean about moving out of Utah. I miss it too. Give it time though and you will adjust just fine.

    ReplyDelete