Friday, March 26, 2010

SpRiNg BrEaK!!!!

Me, Hayden, and Ace.
Colton and Grandpa snuggling!

Grandpa and Colton.


Grandpa though it would be funny to tie the boys
up with the jumpropes Grandma bought them.


Grandpa's chair? More like Colton's chair!


Train ride at Freestone Park.



Ferris Wheel at Freestone Park.


Grandpa pushing the boys on the swings!


Colton was a big fan of sitting in the swing, just don't
try to push him at all!

One big accomplishment of this trip was that
Hayden and Ace both learned to slide down the
fire pole by themselves.

Me and my boys at the pool, I love Arizona!!

Getting ready for the pool.



For Spring Break, the boys and I thought there would be no place better to spend it than with my parents in Arizona. We left Sunday morning and because of a horrible accident involving a FedEx truck that caught fire, it took us almost 9 hours to get there. The boys got a little restless but were pretty good considering we were at a total stand still on the highway for more than an hour. We spent the week shopping, swimming, eating yummy food, and many hours playing at the park. My parents are so great with the boys, it doesn't matter what we do the boys have a good time. It was especially nice this time because my dad was able to take a day and a half of of work! On Wednesday he took the boys to the shoe store at the mall to buy new Nike shoes, while my mom and I went to do something that was really cool. As many of you know, I am into gymnastics big time. I spent most of my adolescense in the gym or practicing in my front yard, and I watched and still watch every televised gymnastic meet that I possibly can. When the women's gymnastic team won gold in Atlanta in 1996, I recorded every minute of it and watched it over and over again. The team captain was Amanda Borden and while the boys were buying shoes, my mom took me to meet her. Amanda owns a gym in Gilbert and one of her assistant coaches is a client of my moms. My mom lined it all up and it really meant a lot to me. By the time we left on Friday morning, Ace was already asking when we were going to be coming back to other house ("our other house" is what he calls my parents' house). Thanks for a great trip Mom and Dad, you always make our visits so special!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great time, I love Freestone park. You can always count on dad to by his grandkids new shoes. I hope you're all doing well. love ya!

    ReplyDelete