Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009!











For Thanksgiving, we were lucky enough to make the short drive to Arizona to spend the holiday with my parents. We were also very excited that Ashley and her family were there, and we were very sad that at the last minute, Courtney and Brady couldn't make it. Being with my family for Thanksgiving meant so much to me, because we sill be spending Christmas in Albuquerque just the six of us. We got to my parents house around 1:00 Thanksgiving morning. After a quick nights sleep we woke up and the boys headed off to the park with Grandpa, Berkley, and Todd, and the girls took to the kitchen. We made turkey, homemade rolls, seven layer dip, chex mix, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, and two pies. Last year, I made Thanksgiving dinner by myself for my family so I really enjoyed being a part of the team this year. I do have to say that I was really impressed with my little sister Ashley, this was the most I have ever seen her cook and she did a great job. After thanksgiving dinner, and lots of football (good job green bay) we looked through the ads and made our Black Friday game plan. Mom, Ashley, and I woke up at 4:30 and headed to Target. I have to admit that none of us had any must have items on our list, we really just wanted to be a part of things. We did score a few cool items for the kids, and a new down comforter for danny and me. Friday night, Danny and I took the kids to see Planet 51. It was really cute and was the only hour and half the whole trip that my boys sat in one spot and did not make a peep!!! Saturday morning, as per my mom's request, we attempted the first Dickerson family picture since Danny and I were married!!! I say attempted because with six people the shots that have all of you looking at the camera and smiling with eyes open are few and far between!!! We ended up with a few good ones, thanks to my photographer Ashley! Maybe we will try again in 6 more years, just kidding. After the family pics, my dad watched the boys so that Danny, Brandon and I could go see the Blind Side with my mom. I absolutley loved it, it was the best show I have seen all year. Even if you don't like football, this movie will melt your heart. After some tearful goodbyes, we drove back to Albuquerque Sunday morning. I am so so so greatful for my family. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, the only thing that could have made it better would have been to have Court and Brady there.





2 comments:

  1. What a cute post!! Looks like you guys all had a great time! Your family picture is very cute! You should for sure do it again in less than 6 years! Very cute of all of you!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post, we did have such a fun time!
    I love the family pics!! Happy to have an updated picture for the wall! Love you so much!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete